- Engaging production in being proactive, focusing on preventing deficiencies and rework.
- Reporting quality issues associated with the construction and track deficiencies/non-conformances.
- Maintaining an active role in providing relevant information to continually improve procedures, Work
- Inspecting or overseeing the inspection and testing of the work in a variety of areas.
- Checking the approval process of incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Checking the approval process in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to the Construction responsible.
- Checking the approval process of finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documenting inspection and audits results by completing reports and logs; summarizing rework and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Assisting the QM in construction methodology review for compliance with the applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Performing the off-site quality inspections at the Owners/suppliers/manufacturer's yard/shop as needed.
- Performing measurements, testing, and inspecting processes as well as design and construction elements to assure that it meets specifications.
- Participating in the analysis of corrective and preventive actions and, in general, identifying and recording any incidents related to the Quality Plans and Quality Procedures.
- Preparing monthly reports with all data and records required
- Participate in the Punch List Walk-Through and jointly add items to the Punch List
- Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction.
- Five years of related experience in Construction.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and upper management.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job often operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting, and lifting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)