Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Reston, VA
For more than three decades, Pragmatics has provided clients with award-winning customer service and expert solutions to complex challenges. Since 1985, Pragmatics has maintained a sterling reputation as a trusted, capable and innovative solutions provider.
Pragmatics' industry-leading experts currently deliver high-impact solutions to a portfolio of 25 major information technology contracts with a range of Defense and Civilian Agencies. These include the Defense Information Systems Agency; the Departments of the Army, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, and Treasury; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; the General Services Administration; and several intelligence agencies. Pragmatics is proud of its ability to support our clients in achieving success in their important missions, and we look forward to continuing to provide them with the highest level of service.
We all like to win! Join Pragmatics Proposal Operations team and become of a member of the most respected and successful team in the industry. You'll be a part of a fun and energetic team where your hard work is valued and recognized. Our team environment goes beyond just the colleague sitting next to you. We work as a team and we win as a team. As a Proposal Writer, you'll work with solution architects and subject matter experts on top priority bids creating compliant and compelling responses to RFPs. Engage with employees and management at all levels while expanding your skills for professional growth. If you're looking for your next opportunity and are ready for a positive experience, this is an best time to join Pragmatics. The Proposal Writer will carry-out diverse tasks in support of the Proposal Operations team, the Chief Growth Officer, and other corporate staff, including Executives. The Proposal Writer plays a very important role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals, as well as creative and engaging marketing materials in a very dynamic, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment. Essential functions include but are not limited to those noted below.
- Proposal Writer provides draft and final input to technical, management, past performance, or personnel sections of proposal volumes, working with subject matter experts to translate technical information into proposal text in response to RFP requirements
- Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI)
- Major proposal support areas include past performance and resumes, with activities including interviewing subject matter experts, creating new text, and tailoring existing information to meet RFP requirements
- Create proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, and production checklists
- Additional activities include review and editing of proposal sections and volumes, understanding and meeting the proposal schedule, working with other proposal and review team members, preparing documentation for formal reviews, and responding to direction from the proposal manager
- Administer and manage content configuration management in multiple SharePoint database libraries. Review to ensure complete and correct.
- Provide guidance and assistance to authors and contributors
- Conduct research and analysis, and help collect / develop content
- Write lessons learned reports - collect and compile input
- Assist Proposal Operations and Proposal Managers with other duties as assigned, for example, metrics tracking, compliance reviews, quality reviews, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or comparable area, and several years of related technical and proposal writing/editing experience
- The candidate must be highly organized and have outstanding writing and editing skills and experience, specifically focused on Government proposals
- The candidate must have the ability to work to and meet deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and work as part of a team
- The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with technical staff to produce quality documents for delivery to a variety of clients
- Characteristics necessary for success include: analytical, presentation, reasoning and problem-solving skills; the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision or feedback; and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with supported staff, managers and peers
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very strong verbal and written skills - clear, concise, and complete.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and time management skills - ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS) a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivilent work expereince
Pragmatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Pragmatics prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Pragmatics will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if it can do so without undue hardship.