Members of the maintenance team ensure that all common area equipment and facilities are properly maintained in a clean and aesthetically appealing condition.
* Properly perform casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
* Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
* Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
* Inspect property, troubleshoot and report issues to maintenance manager (i.e. lights out, etc.)
* Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
* Maintains working relationship with all Club staff.
* Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
* Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance, or handy work.
* Effective communication skills.
* Strong customer service skills required.
*_Special Requirements/Physical Demands_*
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
* Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions.
* Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14' on A-frames and 21'on extension ladders).
* Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity).
* Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.
* Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks, following appropriate safety procedures.
* Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word.
* Maintain a valid Florida driver's license. Have reliable transportation.
*DISCLAIMER*: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Property maintenance: 1 year (Required)
* Residential cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
* Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
* Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
* A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
* A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
* A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
* Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible
* Personal protective equipment provided or required
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place