At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R23353 Property Field Adjuster (Open to consider Casualty Adjuster, CCCC employees, Property Desk Adjuster, Location - SW Minneapolis) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Family Summary
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central location.
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster who can work on moderately complex claims. May specialize in liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to either a desk or field adjusting team.
Job Level Summary
* Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
* Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
* Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
* Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
* Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
* Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc..
* Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
* Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple policies types and numerous endorsements.
* Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages, and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys, public adjusters.
* Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and closes file as needed.
* Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws, declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all parties for assigned losses.
* Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
Education & Licenses
* Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
* Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
* Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories.
* Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements related to casualty coverages.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim handling process.
* This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
* Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
Additional Job Information:
* Open to consider Casualty Adjusters with at least 2 plus years of experience
* Open to consider Property desk adjuster with 2 plus of years of experience
* Open to consider Claims customer care center employees with 2 plus years of experience, passion to grow and agility to learn in new ever changing environment
* Individuals from IA, construction, restoration, property damage mitigation background are encouraged to apply
* Candidates with at least 2 plus years of property field adjusting experience are welcome to apply
* Xactimate tool experience is helpful
* Home owner policy knowledge and interpretation, coverage determination is needed, Guidewire claim center experience is huge plus
* Company vehicle provided
* Geo differential pay structure
* Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
* Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
* Based on candidate qualifications we are open to hiring at all levels.
* Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
Area of operations : South West Minneapolis cities
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contigent workers are not eligable for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!