COUNTRY Financial is seeking a Property Claims Representative 2 to join their field claims team. This position provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients through the proper investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of property claims.
The territory for this position includes Joliet, IL and the surrounding area.
How does a Property Claims Representative 2 make an impact?
- Investigates property claims by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluates, negotiates and settles assigned claims.
- Initiates contact with insureds, claimants, and all relevant parties to gather basic information, obtain recorded statements (when necessary), and explain the overall claims process.
- Completes physical and/or virtual inspections of damaged property (when necessary), evaluates damages, and prepares written estimates according to policy provisions and liability.
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Multilingual is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and Excel (or their equivalents), Xactimate, and/or other claims estimating software (as applicable).
- Possesses competent knowledge with residential and commercial construction techniques.
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of emergency situations.
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of claims experience (or equivalent, such as 4 years of experience or Master's degree and no experience).
- This job operates in a work from home and virtual office environment with a mobile office/company vehicle to work from and utilize for transportation to and from appointments. Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile. Must have the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather. The ability to lift, carry and climb ladders weighing up to 50 pounds to perform roof inspections may be required. May be called upon for catastrophic duty.
Why work with us?
Our employees and representatives serve nearly one million households with our diverse range of personal and business insurance products as well as retirement and investment services. We build relationships and work together to create a stronger, more secure future for our clients and our communities. We're a big company, yet small enough you can make an impact and won't get lost in the shuffle. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow throughout your career, either within this role or by exploring other areas of our business.
You'll be able to take advantage of our benefits package, which includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, paid company holidays and time off to volunteer in your community. Please click here to learn more about who we are and the many benefits we offer our employees.
COUNTRY Financial is committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, and in providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
Come join our team at COUNTRY today!
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.