Property Claims Representative
**Will be filled at the appropriate level based on experience**
Do you thrive in a work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organization skills? Are you a go-getter with high initiative, a positive attitude and strong customer service experience? Are you able to work with limited direction? If so, this Property Claims Representative opportunity could be a great fit for you!
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We're proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You'll Do: As a Property Claims Representative, you will be responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling claims involving property lines of insurance coverage (farm, home, and commercial). You must investigate the cause of the loss, interpret the policy, determine whether the loss is covered, and estimate the value of the loss. As a Property Claims Representative, you must keep a service-oriented attitude at all times by maintaining professional and productive relationships. The assigned territory will be in or around the Sioux City, Iowa area.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent required, with claims experience preferred.
- Insurance and basic building material knowledge is helpful. Farm background is preferred.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a good work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills are required in order to quickly learn our multiple systems.
- Must be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions and fully appraise all physical aspects of the property and buildings, which includes climbing on ladders.
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
- Must be able to travel daily.
- Some travel with overnight stays.
- Must attend training schools as required.
- Must live in the Sioux City, Iowa area.
What We Offer You: When you're on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You'll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company car and cell phone. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example, we are not able to sponsor OPT status.