Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde is seeking a Project Office Manager to join our team located in Danbury, CT or Houston, TX.
The Project Office Manager will be responsible for managing the business unit's portfolio of IT projects from concept through implementation. Additionally, the Project Office Manager will interact with PDI IT Director daily on project progress, status and recommend updates as needed. This position will build reports for project status reviews as well as an overall IT scorecard for the PDI business. Lastly, the Project Office Manager will be responsible for documenting PDI IT inventories and procedures as well as assisting with managing the PDI IT budget and accounting. The role will support the Linde U.S. Packaged Gases business unit (including Electronics, Healthcare, and PDI employees).
Project Office Manager
- Work with subject matter experts, and project team to identify, define, document, and communicate the Project Office requirements
- Work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment
- Work across multiple projects to understand project needs, objectives, schedules and components.
- Develop best practices, processes, and standards for effectively managing a Project Office.
- Work with business in gathering requirements for projects
- Analyze data issues, work with business to resolve efficiently
- Share knowledge with team members and develop solutions
- Assist/Run Special projects
- 3+ years managing IT project portfolios preferably with multiple resources and large budgets.
- 3+ year of experience supporting IT departmental functions including the budget and spend.
- Proven experience as an IT project manager (3+ years)
- Experience in IT technical and functional roles
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- PMI Project Management certification or similar
- Knowledge of JD Edward's ERP system including OBIEE business reporting tools
- Knowledge of Premier SmarterCommerce application
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.