Our People & Places Solutions business reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the 'why' of what we do the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow.
Position SummaryOur Austin, Texas Energy and Power Solutions group is searching for a Project Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for Energy and Power related work for industrial, higher education, institutional and utility clients for project types including combined heat and power, central utility plants, plant upgrades, utility transmission and distribution design as well as planning and feasibility studies, on one or multiple projects of various sizes. The individual would be the companys prime contact with the client and as such is responsible for promoting quality services and continuing positive relations. The individual would also be responsible for design phase services, management of subcontracting, leading major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions as well as field construction oversight during project implementation.
- Leading and coordinating multi-discipline engineering production teams
- Managing engineering production budgets and staff workloads
- Growing Client relations
- Preparing fee proposals and project/production schedules
- Overseeing engineering design, analysis, production and quality control for discrete projects
- Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Organize and manage the assigned project team to successfully complete each project ensuring that all project team members are fully conversant with the project objectives.
- Ensure that all Companys contractual and legal obligations are met, to the satisfaction of the Client.
- Control and administer the flow of data and information within the Company and between the Company, the Client and other organizations such Sub-consultants, Government agencies and any local and statutory authorities.
- Exercise change control in respect of the Agreement ensuring Client approval (when applicable) before additional expenditure of time and/or costs. Authorize internal changes when necessary for achievement of project objectives.
- Keep Company management advised of any problems with the Clients perception of the Companys performance.
- Support sales by providing information to management, input to proposals, and assistance with presentations as required.
- Prepare, issue and ensure compliance with projects plans including:
- Health & Safety Plan (HASAP)
- Quality Plan (PPM/PEP & PSQP)
- Deliverables based program/schedule such that statutory and corporate requirements are met
- Prepare any necessary work instructions and guidance detailing special project precautions and instructions, protective clothing and prerequisites, including training and qualifications. Ensure that any necessary PPE is provided to staff. Maintain records of site visits by project team staff.
- Issue task instructions to the project team.
- Organize project review meetings at regular intervals to review actual progress, identify problem areas and agree remedial actions.
- Ensure that expenditures of labor and expenses are properly monitored, controlled and reported to Manage of Projects and Company management and to the Client as appropriate.
- Identify adverse trends which may influence the schedule and/or cost forecasts and take necessary action to minimize them.
- Attend and report to monthly Operational Project Review (OPR) meeting, on the overall status of the project.
- Where relevant, visit the job site at regular intervals to review at first hand actual progress, potential problems, and the proposed solutions to any potential problems.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) is required;
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience in utility plant, building design, or utility infrastructure projects as an engineering professional required
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a Project Manager required
- Ability to efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately and on time is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, is required
- Successful applicant must be willing to travel between Jacobs office and project site
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.