NOW HIRING: our client in Cedar Rapids is seeking to expand its team locally by adding a talented project manager with electrical expertise. The candidate must be local to Cedar Rapids with an established network in order to hit the ground running.
The Electrical Project Manager will have varying responsibilities, but their primary functions will center around relationship generation and growth, and project management. The ideal candidate will be able to create and develop relationships, utilizing their technical skills and communication to grow the market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with conceptualizing alternative design solutions for major construction projects
- Develop project budgets and overview of costs
- Manage day-to-day logistics of construction projects, coordinating work performed
- Review designs, drawings, and specifications, approving or seeking revisions
- Understand and ensure client's needs, establishing criteria designed to meet said needs
- Authorize contracts, POs, and change orders
- Collaborate with others, including internal team and external contractors, to ensure project execution
- Manage team of direct reports, ensuring quality performance and results
- Be involved in the strategic vision and shaping of the business as it relates to the Eastern Iowa market
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Construction Engineering, or Construction Management preferred + 5 years of relevant industry experience (in lieu of education, 8+ years of experience)
- Prior experience in construction and documentation of electrical systems
- Proven track record of project management
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial facilities -- additional knowledge of laboratories, healthcare and governmental facilities a plus
- Proficiency with CAD
- Strong written and verbal skills
Salary range of $75,000-$100,000 base + bonus structure. Salary depends on experience and interview.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.