Project Manager (Construction & Facilities)
*This is a remote friendly position, requires extensive travel*
Madison Reed is hiring a Project Manager with expertise in Construction and Facilities to manage our rapid, nationwide expansion of Hair Color Bars. You are responsible within a region for managing multiple construction projects concurrently, ensuring each one stays on budget, on schedule, and is built to the Madison Reed standard. This includes tracking, managing, and ordering from all vendors as well as hiring and supporting a network of general contractors to ensure timelines and budgets are met. The position will report to the Director of Construction & Facilities.
What you will do:
- Protects brand standards and quality control over new development projects.
- Manages bid process for and award all construction projects.
- Ensures all drawings are checked against the bid specifications and any LL work.
- Provide detailed project updates on the weekly status call.
- Manages construction calls on jobs that you are managing.
- Approves and manages all change orders.
- Ensures construction administration processes are developed and executed. Manages project expenditures ensuring accuracy, documentation, approvals, payment reporting, and tracking.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors, identifies qualified subcontractors, and negotiates pricing.
- Responsible for the development of the project schedule and schedule updates.
- Performs project closeout including final paperwork, job walk through and any other follow up items.
- Makes recommendations on build efficiencies working within our design aesthetic.
- Coordinate and manage all planned and unplanned mechanical, electrical, plumbing, glass and millwork repairs.
- Review and approve requests submitted through Worksmith and run reports as needed.
- Coordinate and manage warranty repair work for new locations.
- Establish and manage a maintenance and refresh program that supports hair color bar operational team needs.
- Administer the ongoing preventive maintenance programs including HVAC, plumbing, lifesafety.
- Ensures best prices negotiated with national, regional vendors.
- Create an online maintenance resource for our hair color bars.
- Foster a strong working relationship with Hair Color Bar Central Operations team
- Operate with a sense of urgency to correct issues that impact our customer experience.
- Availability for on call, after hours and weekends in response to and resolution of emergency situations.
What you'll have:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree (Masters a plus).
- 2+ years of commercial construction projects experience.
- Restaurant/retail/service industry experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of regulations and permits required.
- Track record of successful project completion resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Vendor relationship management & negotiation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication, planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail and follow up.
Big on Benefits:
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision (100% EE/50% DEP)
- 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Participation
- Continuing Education Contributions
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- Parental Leave Program
- Responsible paid time off program
- Complimentary Madison Reed Products + Discounts on Hair Color Bar Services
- Company sponsored events
- But wait, there's more...
We are Madison Reed.
We're disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we've offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice-your place or ours? At home hair color or Hair Color Bar services? Our business is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations (over 20 & growing). At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists-permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With the launch of our men's line in 2020, we're shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing your own hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar nationwide, we truly live our values-Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do-and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion Found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we live by.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.