Project Management / Director
Provide overall administrative and technical direction for one large, complex project or, may direct several small and/or medium size projects. Responsibilities to include customer interface, client development, project scoping, estimating, scheduling, procurement, construction oversight, safety oversight, cost and progress monitoring, management and reporting.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer:
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
Why choose Walbridge:
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, end users, security, etc.
- Oversee environmental, mechanical, and electrical isssues as it realtes to demolition.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by regional management.
- Willing to Travel for extended periods
- Ensure permitting and compliance with local ordinance.
- Vigilant enforcement of safety program.
- Facilitate open communication and team work.
- Assist in subcontractor coordination.
- 4 year construction management /engineering degree or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) experience and knowledge of commercial construction activities, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented professional.
- Reporting to regional Vice President of Operations, makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with Client and project profitability.
- Environmental, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Understanding a plus
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.