We are seeking a Project Manager of Advanced Manufacturing for a direct-hire job opportunity with a leading client in Roseville, MN. In this role, the Project Manager will lead and manage the Advanced Manufacturing Project Group (AMPG). This cross functional group comprised of engineers from Manufacturing, Operations and Continuation to execute projects for our Advanced Manufacturing strategy. These could be to improve product quality, manufacturing improvements, productivity gains and overall new technology advancements. The AMPG manger reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing Technologies and does not have direct reports. The AMPG manager will lead the cross functional teams through influence leadership and by working closely with cross functional leaders. Additionally, the AMPG manager will be responsible for the overall project management process, including the key elements of project selection, gate reviews requirements, resource planning and metrics. Example projects include: working with a manufacturing engineering to modify/improve/refurbish an existing machine to managing the feasibility of a process/manufacturing advancement that aligns with our overall manufacturing model and strategy including Lean, etc.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and continuously improve the Advanced Manufacturing Project Group (AMPG) project selection/prioritization through completion processes,
- Ensure completion of all required quality system project requirements.
- Ensure current company policies and practices are followed, resulting in robust documentation creation and archival.
- Effectively facilitate project teams, ensuring good cross-functional communication.
- Provide input to functional managers on team member performance.
- Generate high-level plans, communications, and schedules on larger projects requiring prioritization and workload adjustments.
- Establish and maintain a visual management tool to provide project status.
- Assess business risks and prioritize tasks among multiple projects. Coordinate tasks through bottle neck areas, such as Test Lab or external suppliers.
- Work with project teams to develop project budgets, resource allocations and timelines.
- Communicate with personnel in various locations and all management levels.
- Liaison between the teams and leadership; leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.