Location: Elkridge | MD | 21075 | USA
Category: Project Management
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Project Manager for our Power Systems Division in Elkridge, Maryland. The Project Manager is responsible for providing the technical knowledge and comprehensive management needed to execute Uninterruptable Power Supplies and Mission Critical sales orders per project specifications in a manner that achieves maximum gross profit while promoting the highest level of customer satisfaction. Tasks include reviewing scope of assigned projects and initiating project in systems, Issuing detailed project instruction orders as needed, procuring all required equipment, accessories and services to execute projects, tracking project schedules and coordinating activities/deliveries, and coordinating start-up and load testing. We're seeking candidates with a minimum of two years' industrial/electrical power generation systems equipment project management experience. College degree in a related field preferred.
Requirements for the Project Manager position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of the following: uninterruptable power supplies, power distribution, static communication, batteries, rotating DC power systems, parallel switchgear, BASBMS communication, protective relaying, breaker design and functionality, Modbus/Ethernet communication, diesel and gas engines, fuel and cooling systems, emissions regulations and testing, applicable electrical and regulatory codes.
- Basic understanding of efficient room design and rigging.
- Functional competency on all associated software and operating systems, including Word, Excel, EBMS, Sales Force, DBS, Cat PowerNet, SIS-WEB, PSQ, Lotus Notes, EOMP, AutoCAD and Adobe Standard.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to teamwork. Experience in conflict resolution with contractors, consultants, engineers, vendors, utility companies, end users, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel and work hours required to meet job/customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Project Manager job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)