- The Estimator will be responsible for creating various estimates for projects throughout the project lifecycle including but not limited to, order of magnitude, budget, and fair cost estimates.
- The estimator will also be responsible for the review of additional work requests and qualify the costs to ensure that Client is receiving the best value for any additional work performed.
- Client is also employing the use of third party estimators that will be managed by the internal Client estimator and will work as part of the Client estimating team.
- The Client estimator will facilitate estimate preparation by verifying the availability of the Bench - Third Party Estimating team to work on project estimate requests from Client Stakeholders, ensuring that their assigned deliverables are being prepared within the allocated time frames, in addition to ensuring quality and accuracy metrics are being met per Client governance, procedures and Industry Standards.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare, support and coordinate multi-discipline detailed estimates for work based on designed jobs for major Capital Construction and plant maintenance / modification.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Ensure all estimates identify and incorporate all risks, markups, assumptions, etc.
- Assign and coordinate estimate deliverables to third party A/E firms based on their availability and capability to work on the project estimate request(s).
- Oversee and hold weekly progress meeting with A/E Estimating Team(s) to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Review data supplied by the Client project team to ensure that sufficient data is provided to complete the type of estimate that is requested.
- Coordinate RFI's between the 3rd party A/E estimating team and the Client project team(s) to ensure information is sufficient for the estimate.
- Evaluate and analyze estimates prepared by A/E's to ensure quality and accuracy metrics are being consistently met based on the estimate classification per AACE Industry Standards.
- Coordinate activities with SSM to ensure adherence to Contract Terms and Conditions related to outsourced estimating deliverables.
- Maintain database of 3rd party A/E estimates and related quality metrics of deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in fast-paced work environment with our Stakeholders
- MS Excel - Proficiency
- Travel may be required when Client returns to normal work schedule to familiarize with project site locations