Brunel has an exciting job opportunity working on a direct hire basis for our client who are a leader in heavy civil construction and underground construction in North America and Canada, they are looking for an experienced Project Engineer located in Brookwood, Alabama.
The position is responsible for all onsite engineering services required to construct underground
structures such as shafts, tunnels, slopes, and other duties as assigned. The Project Engineer will work
with the Corporate Engineering and Mining Departments as required.
The essential functions of the position are:
- Quality Control - Ensuring that construction work complies with both project specifications and company standard
- Document Control - Prepare and distribute all required documentation records including various cost, schedule and production reports
- Surveying - Establish, maintain, and advance line and grade control for excavation and construction.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, as-built records, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Field Reporting - Accurately complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Safety - Comply and promote the Company safety policies to ensure a safe workplace while also observing MSHA Federal and State standards
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Mining, Structural Engineering or Construction Management
- 1 to 3 years of construction experience is required
- Familiar with the use of surveying instruments; total station, rotation laser, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with AutoCAD
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with clients, management and production staff
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to solve construction engineering issues
- Must be able to work underground in a challenging environment with exposure to heights
· Competitive salary, excellent insurance benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401k, and paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.