WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit .
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings - architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management - to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics - "success" to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients' expectations to "Make a Difference."DESCRIPTION
U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
The Project Architect is an integral component of our Architecture/Engineering Practice. We are looking for a recently-licensed architect who is enthusiastic and motivated with responsibilities including design and documentation for a broad range of project types. With an ongoing focus on growing Federal, Department of Defense, and International project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including Healthcare, Commercial, Transit, and Aviation, the Project Architect will work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative design teams with architects, interior designers, site/civil engineers, and building systems engineers. You must demonstrate creative problem-solving, organizational skills, strong production management capabilities, and a good understanding of construction documents and constructability.
- Engages in and directs activities associated with planning, design, and construction documents including code analysis documents, studies, reports, sketches, schematic drawings, renderings, specifications, final contract documents, and as-built drawings
- Along with the Project Manager and other design professionals, communicates with clients to establish project scope of work, building program needs, design fees, project schedule and budgets
- Performs architectural design of projects from conceptual stage to construction documentation
- Applies industry knowledge of architectural customs, building codes, practices and procedures to solve design challenges
- Assists clients with predesign activities and programming
- Develops conceptual design including presentation materials in short timeframe to assist contractor with pricing procurement during proposal stages
- Leads coordination efforts of all engaged engineering disciplines
- Utilized integrated approach to building design with focus on sustainable solutions
- Manages production team to develop scale drawings, specifications and other contract documents for building construction
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with issued for construction documents
- Prepares project designs and plans using computer assisted design software and equipment
- Performs Quality Control Reviews
- Maintains working knowledge of current industry software including Revit and BIM
- Potential for continental and international travel
U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- MUST RESIDE IN THE PITTSBURGH AREA OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture; Master's Degree in Architecture is desirable
- Registered Architect (R.A.)
- Minimum 4-7 years of related experience
- LEED AP BD C is preferred
- Organized and confident; design talent, graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential; proficient understanding of interrelationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential
- Strong attitude towards personal and professional development as well as teamwork
- Demonstrated proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM)/Autodesk Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) computer skills
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.