Our successful Arkansas property development company is searching for an additional highly creative and detail oriented Project Architect to add to our growing team. The applicant will collaborate professionally in a team environment with our In-House Architectural Team, Project Managers, Job-site Staff, Vendors and Senior Level Staff on Multifamily Housing and Commercial Properties.
The Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans plus flexible spending accounts
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401K plan
- A paid time off program
- 6 paid holidays
Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Participate in the development of design documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Utilize CAD/sketchup and other software to produce drawings, 3D renderings, and architectural details.
- Evaluate and assimilate design changes into the design documentation.
- Analyze, interpret, and apply applicable codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Coordinate technical specifications with contract drawings to meet project requirements.
- Conduct site surveys and document existing conditions.
- Coordinate the architectural design with other team members, disciplines, contractors, owners, and external consultants.
- Assist with construction administration duties.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and review the work of less experienced team members.
- Maintain regular, in-person and punctual attendance.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited institution along with 8 years of related experience is preferred; minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Professional Architectural Registration is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with the ability to effectively execute project documentation and design intent and direct others to do the same is required.
- Understanding of quality assurance/control processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions, with the ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness is required.
- Detailed understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications is required.
- Knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards is required.
- Requisite knowledge and ability to apply accessibility codes and applicable building codes is required.
- Understanding of the permitting and entitlement process is preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting is required.
- Ability to travel as needed is required.