As a Project Architect, located at either HPIs Newport Beach or San Diego location, you will be responsible for leading the production team through the Design Development and Construction Documents phases of Education projects.
What Will You Do?
- Oversee and mentor junior staff and lead consultants in the production of well-detailed and coordinated documents using BIM
- Be responsible for all technical detailing and coordination on the project
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Project Designer to ensure that the project meets code requirements, client expectations, and design intent
- Work with DSA and other jurisdictional agencies to obtain approvals
- Support the Construction Administrator as needed during the construction phase
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture
- 10+ years of full-time work in an architecture firm
- California Architect license strongly desired
- LEED certification desired
- Ability to lead production and consultant teams
- Familiarity with the Division of the State Architect process strongly desired
- Comprehensive understanding of the building code
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of construction detailing
Founded in 1975, HPI is an award winning architectural firm located in Newport Beach and San Diego. We have provided over 40 years of continuous service focusing on public and private clients in the Education and Senior Living sectors.
HPI prides itself in creating tailored solutions that are reflective of our clients visions and objectives. Our planning, architecture, and interior design services result in spaces and places that respond to the desired end user experience, building functionality, and financial sustainability.
As a relationship-centered firm, we place great importance on fostering and maintaining meaningful connections both internally and externally. Our culture encourages a supportive, teamwork environment to arrive at design excellence through open and shared creative processes.
Our many repeat clients and dedicated professionals are testament to our continued success, supportive relationships, and sustainable growth. Our process encourages clients and the design team to work together to find tailored solutions that fit the needs of our clients. We listen, communicate, and create. This interactive design process is the foundation of our philosophy and approach resulting in design excellence by our clients definition.
At HPI, we are committed to creating long-term career opportunities in a stimulating environment that encourages teamwork, leadership, and mentorship.
Since our inception in 1975, HPI has been committed to cultivating a social and professional culture in which all employees are empowered to learn, interact, grow, and enjoy. We provide a positive, challenging work environment that fosters both professional and personal growth for all levels of employees. We are committed to delivering the highest level of client service while encouraging our team members to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental, life and other insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off, a pay commensurate with your experience, and bonus opportunities.