Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent, with 5 years of experience in program management. JOB DESCRIPTION:The Program Manager is accountable for the personnel, operational and financial management of assigned program(s) to ensure the delivery of competent, compassionate and efficient clinical care, promotion of research and clinical education.
Department Marketing Statement
This is a grant funded position.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
* Oversees and supervises all business and administrative activities relating to program operations and budget
* Serves as primary liaison with the office of sponsored programs including: pre-award, post-award, and contracts
* Prepares budgets in accordance with funding agency and UTMB guidelines
* Manages, analyzes, and interprets financial data
* Monitors expenses for compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies
* Monitors projects and ensures timely completion of project deliverables
* Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure
* Oversees staff processing of financial transactions (purchase orders, requisitions, travel and reimbursement)
* Works with other campus departments to establish collaborative programs
* Will work with staff coordinators related to AHEC Scholars recruitment and retention to monitor progress towards program goals
* Performs related Duties as required
Preferred education: MBA or related degree
Preferred Work Experience
This position will be responsible for grant and project management for the Texas Area Health Education Center - East (AHEC). Candidates should have extensive knowledge of grants management including budget preparation, pre-award, post-award, contracts, and reporting. Project management experience with multiple projects/grants. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred. Strong attention to detail required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 72343