Modular Construction/Production Supervisor
Rise Modular is a full volumetric modular technology company serving the multi-family apartment and hospitality development sectors in the Midwest. Its headquarters and this position are based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with its first manufacturing facility in Owatonna, Minnesota. The company expects to grow to multiple manufacturing plants over the next 3 to 5 years. The company is financially supported by a strong family office and is not dependent on venture or private equity capital. The company is also unique in its ability to self-develop through an affiliated development team.
The company designs, engineers and manufactures industry leading full volumetric modular units for the multi-family apartment and hospitality industries in the Upper Midwest. In addition, the company's affiliated development arm executes select multi-family development projects and partners with other developers to bring key know-how of modular technologies and to share execution risk.
The Supervisor with Rise Modular will supervise either rough or finish carpentry, exterior finishes, and have a strong history of training and leading people. The ideal candidate will have extensive construction knowledge and experience including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. The supervisor will be responsible for managing the day to day construction of modular units in an indoor, climate controlled, manufacturing facility while increasing the production levels. The supervisor will also communicate with the Plant Manager on a regular basis.
- Organize, supervise, and participate in the construction of all aspects of modular construction in our production facility while leading our people.
- Establish overall efficiencies for builders in a manner which provides for employee and company success.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Interview, making hiring recommendations, training, and integrating new team members.
- Provide recommendations for promotions, demotions, and wage adjustments.
- Initiate and enforce disciplinary actions as needed.
- Approve time of team members.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all team members.
- Training new builders according to standards giving them direction to build modular units and their components in a safe and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic based on principles of honesty and integrity
- Ensure expected product workmanship quality.
- Lead employees, set an excellent example, and be willing to work side by side on the production floor doing all phases of construction when training new employees.
- Monitor material usage to reduce scrap and improve material usage.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret construction documents and blueprints.
- Ability to lead and motivate production team members and work collaboratively with all employees.
- Strong communication skills to effectively lead and train employees.
- Previous construction experience.
For additional information about Rise Modular, please visit our website at
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rise Modular is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.