Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres - where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering - becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Production Supervisor will provide direction and assistance to work group to meet assigned objectives. You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. You will be required to engage other support teams with clear problem statements and initiate the communication to work the problems.
Production Supervisor Essential Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and provide technical, quality, and production leadership to assigned Cells / Teams to meet safety, quality, schedule and cost goals
• Provide ongoing support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
• Support process improvement initiatives to reduce cycle time, improve inventory turns and reduce manufacturing losses
• Gather data and report out on metrics on the areas you are responsible for
• Direct the activities of a union hourly team within the cell(s) and participate in cell / team activities to meet identified goals
• Perform administrative duties to support the business, including timecards, labor vouchers, self-audits, absence reviews, and missing time corrections, etc.
• Assist Product Group Leader in coaching and counseling employees regarding individual performance and development needs
• Practice sound human relations and communications skills to mentor and motivate the team in safety, quality and productivity improvements
• Review production orders and implement production schedules
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college and 1-3 years of Supervisory experience; OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 5 years of progressive leadership and/or supervisor experience. Previous experience in production/manufacturing environment is desirable.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college is preferred
• Strong team building skills; ability to counsel and motivate workforce
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability and willingness to successfully manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
• Strong oral and written communication skills