WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide excellent comprehensive benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, Disability (STD/LTD), Employee Assistance Program, Telehealth, Wellness, Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Employee Stock Option Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Critical Illness, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and much more.
We are environmentally conscious and responsible. Proud supporters of local and national charities, and we provide immense growth opportunity!
WHO WE ARE
The AMES Companies, headquartered in Lake Nona-Orlando, FL has a rich history of American manufacturing. The AMES story goes back to 1774, when Captain John Ames began making America's first shovels. AMES® brand is the third oldest consumer brand in the country, and its tools have literally helped build America, for more than 200 years. AMES products have built Revolutionary War ramparts, connected the nation via the Transcontinental Railroad, dug for gold, gone on expeditions to Antarctica, carved Mount Rushmore, and installed the Statue of Liberty. And just like America, we're still working every day to build the next great wonder.
Our business lines include Home Organization, Lawn and Garden Tools, Outdoor Living, and Cleaning Tools, with leading global brands sold to homeowners and professionals involved in new construction, remodeling, and maintenance activities.
Our leading brands include ClosetMaid®, AMES®, True Temper®, Razor-Back®, Jackson®, Southern Patio® and Harper®
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
WHO YOU ARE
As the Production Supervisor you will be responsible for managing and directing production operations for an assigned department under the general direction of production management. Supervisors will typically have a workforce of between 10 and 50 team members; and maintain the responsibility for their Safety, Productivity, Quality, Morale and overall well being.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
In Grantsville, MD
HOURS: 3:00 pm- 12:00 am with daily OT coverage possibly up to 2 hours and occasional Saturdays.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement plan for effective use of manpower, machine and material utilization.
- Insure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Understand and participate in the development of department budgets, staffing plans and obligations.
- Establish and promote teamwork atmosphere between team members to accomplish company mission.
- Interview (when applicable), hire, train, coach and discipline team members.
- Participate in team projects or activities as assigned
- Monitor and maintain performance to schedule and develop plans to complete by the required delivery times.
- Associates Degree in Business a must. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3 -5 years of related work experience
- Strong PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to access multiple tasks and develop a plan to complete them in a logical and efficient manner
- Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action as needed and be prepared for possible contingencies
- 6S, Lean and Six Sigma preferred
- Primarily limited to local travel with occasional overnight travel up to two weeks in duration
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position is located primarily in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear personal protective equipment.
- This position will regularly require standing and walking up to 12 hours a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, this position may occasionally need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 50 pounds.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Ames Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)