Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today's most innovative thinkers to solve the world's toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That's what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Production Supervisor - 210001PX
We are looking for a talented Production Supervisor to join our team specializing in Supervising Multiple Production Teams for our Distribution Business Segment in De Pere, WI
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Manages, develops, and leads the daily activities of multiple production teams.
- Responsible for the daily activities of multiple production teams including managing team members, housekeeping, and meeting production targets.
- Works cross functionally to recommend and engage in improving safety, productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Provides guidance and feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Identifies training needs; develops and implements training plans.
Health and Safety Fundamentals - Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Health, Safety and Environmental Emergency Preparedness and Response - Participates and coordinates the emergency action plan by applying relevant regulations and best practices in emergency management to effectively mitigate risk to life and adhere to regulatory requirements.
Health, Safety and Environment Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis - Examines HSE incidents by completing quality, evidence based investigations with accurate root cause analysis, resulting in effective corrective actions, accurate reporting and avoiding repeated incidents.
Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Intermediate level of supervisory experience required.
CDUC (Custom Design and Upfit Center) is a DBU facility mainly dedicated to the design and assembly of standard and customized natural gas generators, fire pump engine drives, and recon engines for the Buy America market. It currently assembles between 600 and 800 units/year with a team of 16 Production Associates. Most of its customers are located within the US, but there is also an important international market.
The Production Supervisor will support the Production Leader in managing the day-to-day operation, but the position will be mostly focused on developing the plant in the areas of continuous improvement, operational excellence, and manufacturing engineering, which are areas of opportunity for CDUC. The ideal candidate has an operations background with strong experience in continuous improvement/operational excellence, project management, and analytics.
Some of the activities the Production Supervisor will be involved with are:
- Establishing operational procedures/policies to schedule the production shop in the most efficient way possible while balancing customer delivery and guide the scheduling work of the Planning team.
- Improvement of planning/scheduling process coordinating Planning, Warehousing and Production departments.
- Analytics aimed at balancing capacity, customer demand and cost.
- Development of performance metrics for the shop floor: schedule attainment, productivity, right-first time, among others.
- Establishing a continuous improvement program for the Production team and identifying improvement priorities. Coordinating projects/initiatives to increase performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Creation and execution of a training program plan for the Production team.
- Supporting the development of Production Team Leaders and high-performing teams' philosophy.
- Acting as a formal representative of Production in the development and launch of new products, new systems, change management projects, and other DBU initiatives.
- Supporting the Plant Manager in the definition of the plant goal tree.
- Serving as a backup for the Production Leader.
- Acting as formal Safety Champion for the site.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.