United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
The ideal candidate will have the necessary Quality Engineering skills to implement measurable results within the Collins Quality Organization. Primary responsibility is to improve internal and external manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and test processes to reduce and prevent defects and prevent quality escapes to our customers. Primary candidate activity will be to provide quality engineering support, conduct technical investigations, perform relentless root cause analysis, and implement immediate risk containment measures and systemic mistake proof solutions to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance.
The ideal candidate will have strong oral communication skills and computer skills with the ability to summarize complex issues into executive level presentations. This position also requires the successful candidate to be an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will interface cross functionally within operations/ manufacturing / design / procurement / and the supply base.
- Provide quality response support to Manufacturing
- Trend and monitor quality related issues, communicate opportunities to production and site leadership teams
- Lead Quality Improvement projects with the goal of reducing quality escapes and improving First Pass Yield
- Assist with handling of field returns, complete Root Cause Analyses and help drive corrective and preventative actions.
- Participate as a member of Material Review Board (MRB) to make dispositions on defects
- Support internal and external audits
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- BS plus 4 years special process work experience in welding or 8 years special process work experience in materials and process engineering, manufacturing engineering, or Quality.
- NADCAP training in NDT/Welding
- SAP experience
- Ability to write and review technical documents
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms