A Colorado outdoor company - it doesn't get much better than that! We are looking to hire a Product Manager, located at our headquarters in Broomfield, CO, who will be responsible for the skillful execution of the product management process for the Tent category. We have great perks, which include an onsite Fitness Center, BBQ's and yard games outside during the summer, happy hours, an active activities committee, FREE gear and benefits that start on the first day of employment, a flexible work schedule one day per week and your dog can come in one day a week!
This position is responsible for the skillful execution of the product management process for the Tent and Accessory categories within the Mass Camp Division. Role will require strategic category planning, research, analytics, development, and execution involved in leading these categories to profitable growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Market & Product Research
- Explore new trends and consumer needs that lead to relevant new product opportunities
- Conduct thorough market research to identify and validate opportunities
- Regular evaluation of product sell-in, sell-through, inventory and margin health for proactive lifecycle management
- Lead an on-going 3-year category roadmap with annual brand/customer specific product plans
- Present annual business plans to management; track and report progress regularly
- Close collaboration with Sales team to ensure plans align with customer objectives and opportunities
- Develop product and design briefs for new product launches
- Close collaboration with Asia offices in the strategic planning of vendor platforms including development and operational execution
- Lead cross-functional project teams in development of new products:
- Collaborate with internal design resources for development of innovative product solutions
- Partner with Asia offices in the development of new products, materials, manufacturing methods and packaging
- Manage product cost to ensure marketable features and margin structures are met
- Develop and maintain detailed product specifications to ensure accurate manufacturing.
- Manage development calendar to ensure key milestones are met in full and on time
- Work with marketing and graphic teams to best communicate product messaging through collateral, web, merchandising and packaging assets
Sell-In and Commercialization
- Develop messaging and necessary collateral to effectively communicate new products to management, sales and internal support teams
- Communicate confirmed new products and timeline requirements with cross-functional teams
- Ensure a strong working knowledge of commercialization status for problem-shooting scenarios and team updates
- Collaborate with Compliance teams in meeting all product labeling, testing and quality standards
- Close, cross-functional collaboration with Channel, Operations and Asia teams through pre-production and production phases to ensure quality product and on-time launch
- Must be able to lead cross functional project teams on defined timelines.
- Must have excellent analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- B.A. or equivalent required
- Must have 5+ years product management and new product development experience in consumer products. Outdoor industry experience a plus but not required.
- Proficient computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Office environment).
- Knowledge of the consumer goods industry, international sourcing, and commercialization process
- Strategic, innovative, solution-based thinker
- Strong leadership skills: ability to lead a high-performance team
- Enthusiasm, drive, and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated to achieve personal and team goals
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills to deal with customers, outside vendors and suppliers
- Proven track record of success in consumer product development and management
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and communications skills.
- International experience: ability to work with overseas teams and suppliers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Product Allowance, Pro Deals, and a Flexible Working Schedule.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.