Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
The Product Manager II is responsible for assisting the Product team with managing of the entire life cycle of existing products from product design, to solution design, to build, and implementation. May conduct some tasks independently and may lead Agile SCRUM sprint team, for existing products, to deliver leading edge software solutions that the drive the automotive retail industry. Additionally, this position is responsible for collecting and defining basic product requirements, writing user stories, and managing typical scrum team processes.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Support the product team(s) to create and prioritize the roadmap and backlog.
- Support the product team to manage the life cycle of the product, including planning and definition, improvements.
- Create user stories, play a leading role during planning sessions and working with sprint teams to decompose user stories into development tasks.
- Contribute ideas and recommendations toward product and process improvements. Support product team(s) with business case development as needed.
- Troubleshoot product and system related issues, identify root causes.
- Understanding customer needs, and match product enhancements customer's needs.
- Interact with customers to ensure the product is aligned with their needs. Attend meetings with key customers, sales, business owners and partners .
- Shadow experienced product managers to better learn the CDK organization and CDK products.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering.
- Two years of product management or development experience with software products.
- Ability to refine business needs and goals into actionable requirements.
- Detail, action, and process oriented to drive projects and initiatives to completion.
- Technical aptitude to understand and communicate product features and functional requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in highly collaborative environment with interpersonal relationship skills that create and foster a positive and productive team environment.
- Experience in delivering projects in an iterative fashion.
- Ability to turn ideas into realities.
- Proven ability to simplify the inherently complex and organize and plan solutions necessary to iteratively address market needs.
- Ability to make decisions independently and/or as part of team.
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment, and with Agile tools such as Jira and TFS a plus.
- Experience in the Automotive retail domain.
- Experience in collaborating with off shore agile teams.
- Project management experience/skills.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.