The Product Manager drives the business for continued growth by researching and recommending new products for Park Place Technologies to service. Works with the Director of Product Management to ensure continuity in product offering and achievement of company goals. This role will provide an interface between many departments, including but not limited to Technical Support, Field Service, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, and the Executive Team.
What you'll be doing:
* Acts as the ultimate focal point for all new product development.
* Work closely with technical teams for all viable options (help procure equipment, establish test and reverse engineering processes, train technical teams on repair procedures.)
* Know what the OEMs have sold.
* Know the market the OEMs have sold to.
* Determine if OEM new product is viable option for PPT.
* Present business case to Executive team of recommendations for new product to service (what/when/how.)
* Manage the projects to ensure PPT is first-to-market to support newer OEM equipment.
* Grow and manage the pipeline of new ideas.
* Provide Marketing and Sales information to develop customer-facing strategies and materials.
* Any other duties deemed necessary, which are within the bounds of the incumbent's competence and function.
* Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
* 3-5 years' experience in technical sales.
* 3-5 years product management experience required.
* Commercial sales ability.
* Basic technical knowledge of OEM equipment (e.g. IBM, Sun, etc.)
* Experienced in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to use PM software or methodology.
* Successful new product/service development experience.
* Cost/benefit analysis experience.
* PMP certification, preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree Required