Regeneron's Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development group (PMPD), located in Tarrytown NY, is seeking a hardworking Process Development Engineer III. The Purification Development (PD) group purifies reagents and candidates (novel molecules) to support pipeline and assay development and the release of the clinical and commercial products. PD's early and late stage development includes scalable speed-to-clinic processes and intended commercial processes, respectively. PD also evaluates viral clearance by the process to document safety in regulatory submissions. In this exciting role, you will use your domain expertise in membrane separations to design, lead, and react to experiments/projects independently and mentor less experienced direct reports and team members.A Typical Day in the Role of Process Development Engineer III Might Look Like:
- Act as an established authority in membrane-based separation techniques who can also demonstrate scientific acumen across Regeneron, proactively identify improvement opportunities, and determine strategies for improvements across Regeneron. Begin to lead technology development independently, drive results and onboard new technologies.
- Skillfully write and review technical documents, including complex and external documents, which are typically reviewed by senior leadership team.
- Take calculated risks to achieve goals. Independently and accurately determine strategies/approaches to address gaps and can implement successfully and effectively.
- Independently and expertly ask pointed questions to eliminate ambiguity and provide appropriate solutions to those questions.
- Make science-based recommendations by novel incorporation of learning from internal and external (literature) references.
- Maintain and continuously improve lab operations and, if relevant data or knowledge management systems, within area of expertise.
- Begin to anticipate customer needs at an organizational level and proactively shapes internal workflows to meet them.
- Work with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentation in internal and external professional meetings. Share cross-functional skills and knowledge at a wide variety of meetings.
- Collaborate across Regeneron and external groups, with regular interactions with PMPD Senior Leadership.
- Effectively represent PMPD in external PMPD multi-functional meetings.
- Mentor directly or indirectly by leading, guiding, and assisting peers, direct reports, and PMPD personnel.
- Contribute to lab equipment maintenance and safety to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment.
- Anticipate and recognizes potential problems with laboratory supplies / equipment and takes action to prevent and solve problems.
- Keep up with SOP training and/or compliance responsibilities.
- Responsible for communicating relevant information to PMPD Senior Staff as departmental program team representative
- Have strong initiative and aim to complete challenging tasks and learn new technologies.
- Are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a team environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Can think critically and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
This role requires a degree in an engineering discipline and 0-2+ (PhD), 3-5+ (MS) and 7-10+ BS years industrial experience. Industrial experience in Protein Purification required. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex messages clearly and credibly with widely multifaceted audiences while establishing multi-functional relationships that allow for proactive teamwork across the Regeneron organization required. Demonstration of innovative thinking by developing ideas, tools or techniques to solve problems or improve established procedures a plus. An experienced leader who can lead a team and effectively delegate tasks.Required Special Equipment and/or Programs:
Akta Explorer/Avant, Akta Pilot, BioProcess Skid, Disc Stack Centrifuge, Depth filtration, Tangential flow filters, Normal flow filters, Chromatographic columns, HPLC, UPLC, Diafiltration skid, Raman Spectroscopy, Laminar Flow Hood, Chemical Fume hood, Empower, Unicorn, PI Historian, JMP, LIMS, Spotfire, RPES, ELN.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.