About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking a motivated, high energy, well-organized, collaborative Sr. Process Controls Engineer who will develop and design control systems for our clients in the food & beverage, consumer health, life science, or advanced technology sectors.
This person will use their knowledge and experience with PLC/DCS systems, instrumentation, control systems, networking, and P&ID drawings to lead process controls projects .
- Design, program, and commission control systems for automated blending, batching, and continuous processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Lead project teams and mentor engineers.
- Conduct system and facility engineering job walk assessments.
- Collaborate with multi-discipline engineering teams for instrumentation and control equipment used in systems design.
- Interface with team members and client representatives.
- 8+ years' experience leading I&C design, programming, and commissioning of process controls systems.
- Experience with PLC/DCS hardware and software. Rockwell Automation hardware and software preferred, but not limited to. PlantPAx experience is a plus.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) systems and working with MEP engineers and technicians.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Good understanding of complex process systems architecture & design, S88, Batch Software, Instrumentation, Networking, PLC & I/O architectures, P&IDs, data sheets, and HMI.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication, including generating reports and specification documents.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, training, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- A degree emphasizing process control and instrumentation or equivalent work experience will be considered.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.