Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
This is a great time to join CDK Global with highly motivated teams to build industry changing platform for the automotive industry. Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform, a technology engine that enables seamless connections and greater collaboration to occur among everyone involved in serving automobile consumers, such as dealers, manufacturers, software developers, lenders and data providers.
Fortellis is growing and expanding. We are looking for a senior or principle level platform engineer. This person will be part of the Fortellis platform team to work in a fast-paced environment and to build the platform to change the industry. This is a hands-on, results oriented position with innovation and execution mindset.
This position is based on Austin, TX, or San Jose, CA
- Drive the platform design/implementation by working in close collaboration with the appropriate software development leadership, EA, Product and Business.
- Bring in strong perspective and collaborative partnership environment that leads change and motivates engineers to design systems for today, but enable the flexibility, robustness in the system so that it can survive in an ever-changing environment.
- Balance the need for rapid change, rigor around systems and architectural concerns.
- Implement practices that supports rapid development of platform without compromising the quality.
- Ensure delivery of the requirements on time with quality.
- Should be hands on development and capable of coaching other engineers on the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior or Principle Engineer, 3+ years of experience in working in AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Experience in REST API development, asynchronized messaging development
- Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Have the ability to pass on the knowledge and design to team members in a way they are able to understand it so they can complete the work efficiently.
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
- Be capable of leading a discussion with upper management.
- Have the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing them.
- Work in an Agile environment with CI and CD process
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
Tech Stack Requirements
- Experience in Event-driven messaging design and implementation
- Expert level knowledge in Node.js
- Experience with modern web UI frameworks (i.e. React).
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, IAM)
- Experience with Git, Atlassian stack
- Experience with Terraform, Splunk, monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with Okta, OAuth and other authentication schemes
- Familiar with API testing framework
- Familiar with Selenium framework
- Experience with OpenAPI Spec
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 flows
- Experience in agile development
- Experience in working with DevOps and container development
- Experience with Apigee is a plus
- Marketplace experience is a plus
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.