Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic. We reduce MSK pain, opioid use, and surgeries by pairing advanced wearable devices and software with a comprehensive clinical care team including physicians, physical therapists and board-certified health coaches. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic for health plans and employers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods.
Hinge Health has raised $426M to date with offices in San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and remote offices.
Hinge Health recently acquired Enso, a medical device company that developed a wearable pain relief device shown in double-blind, clinical trials to solve pain 3x more effectively than Vicodin. Hinge Health is now looking to expand its hardware product program including hiring of electronics, mechanical, firmware and software engineers to support Enso and Hinge Health sensor products.
You will be hired as the first first full time electronics engineer working alongside the founder of Enso to lead electronics development for the entire company. This includes development of three new wearable diagnostic, monitoring and treatment devices. Your work will impact hundreds of thousands of people quickly after release and millions in the medium term.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer to help us optimize cost, reliability of existing HH and Enso hardware products and also create new wearable hardware products. This individual contributor will own and optimize the electronics hardware and firmware updates for the Enso Model 1, Enso Model 2 and HH sensor platforms including next gen versions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both MCU-based circuit and PCB design, designing for manufacturability, and leading projects through the full development lifecycle. We are looking for an individual who can improve sensor performance, reduce cost, and develop creative solutions under tight time, form factor, and budget constraints. Experience in a startup environment developing wearable devices and/or medical devices is required.WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Independently delivers complex features every sprint
- Has a clear, intuitive sense of hardware architecture before starting development
- Conduct failure mode analysis as issues related to hardware and firmware arise
- Work with firmware and mechanical engineering team members to develop reliable, cost effective designs that can be produced at scale
- Experience: 10+ years experience developing electronics hardware and firmware in wearable, medical and/or consumer industries
- Innovation: Solve complex problems creatively. Able to break down problems with ease, demonstrating a strong grasp of basic electronics engineering and physics principles
- Stakeholder management: demonstrates strong cross-functional collaboration, building strong relationships across hardware and SC teams
- Systems thinker: Highly analytical - takes a systematic approach to solving technical problems, consumes complex information quickly and can act upon it; dives beyond surface-level metrics and asks "why"
- Delivery: Consistent, on time, high-quality delivery of epic-scoped work
- Domain Expertise: Can synthesize hardware/firmware solutions under tight form factor, power consumption and RF/BLE constraints; proven track record of developing relevant embedded systems solutions
- Experience with medical device development (FDA compliance requirements)
- Digital signal processing experience (ideally sensor signal processing)
- Strong background in firmware development for MCU-based devices
- Experience with building RF/BLE hardware
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company's best interest.
- Hustle: We're creative, we're unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We're prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We're always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don't waste money and especially not time.
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please be diligent and if you encounter any suspicious activity, please reach out to .