AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Principal engineer role will be design, engineer, and implement enterprise-level data, data migration and master data management technology solutions. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive quality and efficiency. Possess a high level of expertise to critically evaluate relevant data management technical solutions and drive technical improvements.
- Provide technical leadership across the master data management and data migration suite.
- Collaborates with architects on the creation of technical roadmaps, standards, tooling & frameworks required to create a modern, high quality, rich application suite.
- Understand the business needs and designs solutions to enable the desired capabilities.
- Ensures teams are adopting best software development practices, provide hands-on technical leadership, and conduct code reviews.
- Design, engineer, implement technical solutions for data migration and MDM integrating applications in alignment with architecture and requirements.
- Design, engineer, implement technical solutions to enable data quality, transformation, and validation rules.
- Design, engineer, implement technical solutions for interfaces, conversions, forms, workflows, data quality, and publishing/synchronization.
- Build Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Design for reusability, maintainability, and reliability of technical solutions relative to business expectations.
- Develop technical objects and test scripts for data migration including data verification, integrity, and performance and ensure technical test planning and execution, to minimize issues and defects.
- Identifies and quantifies risk, makes recommendations for risk mitigation and contingency plans. Escalate anticipated risk to management promptly and properly.
- Primary POC for day-to-day technical and development activities with outsourced system integrator and support teams including identification and root cause resolution of risks and issues.
- Provide advanced level 3 troubleshooting in support of informatica and integrated systems.
- Ensure all documentation, regulatory, and compliance policies procedures are followed including SOX, GxP, information security, and SDLC.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive professional experience with developing and designing Informatica 360, MDM, PowerCenter, & IDQ.
- Advanced level of hands-on knowledge in Informatica PowerCenter and complex interfaces.
- Full lifecycle (blueprint to support) data migration experience for large scale acquisition or implementation in an SAP environment preferred.
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency with Oracle
- Minimum of 8 years of experience modeling data domains such as customer, vendor, and material
- Minimum of 8 years of experience data modeling for master databases, performance tuning for relational database
- Minimum of 8 years of experience on MDM hub components: Landing tables, base objects, staging tables, lookup tables, relationships, mappings, cleanse function, trust and matching rules
- Minimum of 8 years of experience creating mappings, mapplets, sessions, workflows, worklets in Informatica PowerCenter 9.6 and above
- Solid comprehension of key regulatory and compliance requirements as well as operational risks in a pharma environment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.