Leads in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions designed to support new or existing Video Operations business initiatives. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a strong knowledge of development tools and a general understanding of Video technologies and problem statements. Works in all the phases of a project and review work of less experienced team members/peers. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance/leadership and advice on existing software solutions. You will be a subject matter expert for the solutions and systems our team develops.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set project and task priorities, create solutions to complex problems, assign work and deliverables to junior engineers, translate technical to non-technical, ensure you meet team deliverables, and provide mentoring and development opportunities to junior staff.
- Design, develop and deploy solutions that are robust, scalable and that bring operational awareness and video device automation visibility to unique platforms within the Video Operations space.
- Build and deploy automated solutions and dashboards for video devices, that are intuitive and easy to understand by platform owners, using various source data options and complex business logic.
- Quickly understand unique and complex platform architectures, identify areas of automation or solutions that platform owners can be benefited with.
- Work closely with internal customers on requirement gathering and clarification to identify opportunities.
- Maintain and support the existing tool catalog prioritize and scope features and new products based on customer input and technical direction.
- Identify, prioritize and reduce technical debt while meeting tool development deliverables and timelines.
- Participate in code reviews & architecture discussions.
- Influence infrastructure, deployment, and development environment decisions to best support the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of network or software engineering experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience creating solutions for operational tools and dashboards in the OSS/BSS space, or in platform or network management.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols, concepts and Services (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, OSI network layers, DNS, DHCP).
- Expertise with tools like Gitlab/Bitbucket, various IDEs, Jira, AWS, Splunk, ELK.
- Proven ability to digest complex asks and provide technical and software solutions to measure and report on real-time issues and performance analysis.
- Have experience in designing solutions that improve operational and situational awareness. (Dashboards, websites, data processing, translations, user interfaces, big data).
- Knowledge of database development, optimization and troubleshooting (Mongo, Postgress, Hadoop, Oracle, Cassandra etc.).
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-tasks and quickly pivot to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action with sustainable solutions.
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and is accountable to the tasks assigned.
- Proven examples of developing solutions that assist in automating video devices (Encoders, Packagers, IP Devices, STBs) in the video space.
- Special consideration if experience is within the video delivery ecosystem. (i.e. encoding, encryption, transport, packaging, VOD, SDV, OSS, etc.).
- Technical understanding of linear and IP video delivery systems.
- Understanding of dashboards and machine learning technologies.
- Experience in automating video deployment systems.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Expert level experience with REST, Web RPC, SOAP, MVC, MVVM, Docker/VM/Kubernetees.
Associated topics: cad, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, computer numeric control, computer aided manufacturing, precision, precision machining, programming, smt machine