Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Digital Technology and Innovation group supports the Corporate Strategy, Digital Platform & Innovation Business. Together they work closely to continue evolving Wells Fargo's digital platforms and enhance integration of the innovation pipeline into our customer-facing capabilities.
Engineering Strategy and Architecture within Digital Technology and Innovation(DTI), is responsible for building the engineering road-map for the technology underpins our critical customer facing digital platforms, developing a roadmap for Innovation platforms, developing the solution blue-prints for critical customer journeys and their evolution, and development of engineering frameworks and approaches that allow rapid and quick automation of solutions to vulnerabilities and new attack vectors.
We are hiring a Principal Engineer to join the Engineering Strategy and Architecture within the Digital Technology and Innovation organization.
As a Principal Engineer you will have a critical role in accelerating the transformation within DTI by defining, building, delivering roadmaps and frameworks that underpin the Digital portfolio. In this role you will have elevated visibility to Sr Technology Leaders inside Digital Technology and across Wells Fargo Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with engineering to design, develop, and deliver Core Frameworks that will be reused across Digital.
- Collaborate with engineering and architecture to define the technology strategy; then take it to full execution.
- Be a key member of a team defining, developing, and delivering Digital Cloud Strategy to enable acceleration
- Collaborate with vendor partners and Cloud Service Providers to effectively utilize the skills to help modernize applications.
- Understanding technology trends, where the industry is moving, then how it can be incorporated into Digital
- Collaboratively lead the solutioning with an Agile, hands-on engineering mindset with relentless focus on quality, scalability, performance, and timely delivery.
- A self-starter commitment to customer success and delivery
- Ability to think creatively through technology to accelerate Digital Transformation
- Collaborate and Influence across Engineers, Product Owners, and Architects
- Provide guidance to the application development teams through execution to modernize their applications including coaching and helping them to upskill.
- Provide leadership through influence and technical expertise to help strengthen the relationships between CTO and LOB architecture and engineering teams and leadership, and ultimately enable the team's effectiveness in achieving the team's and Technology's overall goals.
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as one team to deliver innovative top quality solutions.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package to include the following: comprehensive benefits including a generous PTO program, 401-K and many other benefits.
For additional benefit information visit
- 6+ years of public cloud experience
- 10+ years of engineering experience; or 10+ years of experience in a technical management role
- Agile experience
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
- 7+ years of Java experience
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Design consultation experience at the highest technical level: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
- Experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 5+ years of microservices development experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years Event Driven Architecture
- 5+ years API Design and Modeling
- 5+ years CI/CD
- Observability best practices
- Reactive Systems
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
CA-Concord: 1755 Grant Street - Concord, CA
CA-Fremont: 3440 Walnut Ave Bldg A - Fremont, CA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit for benefits information.