At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Radar Controls and Electronics Department in the Electrical Products Team at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) is seeking an Electrical Engineer with a strong COTS computing and networking background to join our Hardware and Infrastructure team implementing the next generation RADAR solutions. This position is for an Electrical Engineer who will work with Product Leads and other team members on a variety of tasks related to the design and development of systems using Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- COTS hardware infrastructure system design (e.g. X86-based processors)
- Research and selection of servers, workstations, add-in interface cards, storage devices, and other COTS hardware
- BIOS and operating system configuration definition
- System prototyping and integration in the lab
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience combined in the following areas:
- Experience with emerging and legacy hardware and software, including Unix and Linux operating systems
- Experience developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure through a rigorous design and documentation process
- Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete COTS-based hardware design and then verifying the design via integration and test plans and activities
- Experience working in a lab environment and operating standard test equipment including oscilloscopes, processor bus analyzers, emulators, and data capture tools, etc.
- Experience with system level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating in development with hardware engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, on-site installation and trades, and Customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
- Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
- Experience with RADAR system hardware
- Interest and capability in task and team leadership, including: leading teams of 2 to 5 engineers on a common task or group of tasks; managing to a schedule and budget; keeping internal customers advised of status and participating in strategic decisions on planning and execution; estimating and planning new work; a desire to advance along a team leadership track
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
- Existing security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in Boston, MA. Boston is one of the oldest cities in the U.S., known for its rich history, renowned universities, and diverse neighborhoods. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top Places to Live, Boston is brimming with world-class museums, signature waterways, thriving nightlife, and championship sports teams. Surrounded by natural beauty, Boston boasts four spectacular seasons and a vast array of outdoor activities from whale watching to walking trails surrounded by New England's remarkable fall foliage.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.