The primary purpose of this Senior Analyst Pricing Analysis and Reporting role is to build reports and analysis that measures the impact of pricing strategies. Accountabilities include scenario modeling and developing pricing insights that help achieve annual goals. Other aspects of the position include weekly tracking of the impact of pricing actions, providing Merchandising, Sales & Finance leaders with recommendations to improve AAP's pricing and building detailed analysis that link everyday tactical pricing actions to the strategic business plan pricing actions. The position is a hands-on, action-oriented role which supports building of a world class pricing capability that drives future company performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pricing Analytics: Provide fact-based analyses of pricing activity utilizing modeling and ad-hoc approaches to identify actionable opportunities and make recommendations for optimal financial performance. Challenge and critically analyze pricing strategies when appropriate, and routinely apply financial knowledge to drive business forward.
- Communication: Present verbal and written reports that clearly articulates the impact of pricing actions. Use fact-based analysis to persuade audiences towards a solution.
- Relationships: Develop effective relationships with multiple functions within the company (Sales, Merchandising, Marketing, Information Technology, etc.). Build trust at all levels (independent contributor through Executive) and inspire others to achieve excellence. Promote a collaborative work environment among peers. Works to manage conflicts to minimize disruption.
- Sense of Urgency: See projects through to completion and inform others when timelines/deliverables change. Prioritize workload with minimal input. Take potential obstacles and challenges into account when developing priorities and plans.
- Pricing Planning and Analysis: Incorporate pricing plans across regular, promotions, coupons and clearance pricing into the pricing financial impact model and undertake scenario analysis that allows for optimal pricing decisions to meet objectives and growth intent of categories and customer segments.
- Special projects: Lead special pricing projects that have an impact on the pricing target achievement and / or enhances capabilities of the core Pricing Team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- >1 years related business analytics experience or 0-1 years experience with undergraduate coursework in at least two of the following: Data Analytics, Math, Statistics along with referenceable internship experiences.
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions through analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, department heads, managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Advanced Excel skills and database skills (Access, SQL) required, as well as an ability to learn company systems and tools as needed.
- Experience in pricing/revenue management, or sales and marketing analytics in retail or service industries desired, but not required.
- Exposure to data manipulation & visualization packages desired (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, etc.)
- Financial analysis and/or forecasting experience.
- Statistical and/or Econometric modeling experience is a plus, but not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited four year college or university