Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Using a degree of latitude, this position provides input to product management about pricing trends and changes taking place and make recommendations pertaining to future courses of action necessary for improving the division's position with customer profitability.
Major Function and Scope:
- Create and review primary and secondary data showing sales volume, price points, and pricing programs to ensure effective profitable pricing and processes/procedures, make recommendations related to sales, standard pricing, promotional pricing, pricing processes and activities.
- Prepare and analyze daily and monthly reports and communicate opportunities for price/ margin / efficiency improvements.
- Creates and presents detailed costing analysis to be utilized in determining pricing.
- Conduct on-going independent ad hoc analysis to identify potential areas for pricing / margin / efficiency improvements.
- Assist the department with the development and formulation of strategic long-range and short-range plans aimed at building divisional margin performance, directions for process improvement, system upgrades / enhancements and resource management.
- Facilitate team-based improvement projects.
- Coordinate analytical pricing details associated with the operations, assist with price matters related to sales activities and perform research for special projects as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between the departments and/or divisions, coordinating relevant functions that support pricing on the customer account which include, but are not limited to, monitoring pricing database, analyzing customer profitability, analyzing various customer pricing programs, verifying pricing, analysis of pricing claims and resolving pricing related problem orders.
- Play a key role in analyzing price increases: Create analysis reports to determine recommended increase and forecast the effect of the increase. Creation of queries required for implementing, monitoring, of database during increase process. Create analysis regarding realized amounts of price increase.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field and 2+ years of related work experience. Or, 4+ years of job specific work experience combined with equivalent training/education to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 2 years Pricing Analyst experience in a multi-functional environment.
- Intermediate level of understanding of accounting and reporting principles and practices.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Power Point, Business writing concepts/techniques, Customer Service, and other department database systems.
- Experience in planning, budgeting, and financial management analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales terminology, concepts and business operating procedures.
- Analytical / technical skills required to collect and prepare financial, statistical, productivity data, etc.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
- Self-motivated, with a proactive problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to persuade, market new ideas.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with senior management, internal and external customers and ability to maintain corporate standards and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations.
- Ability to coordinate diverse administrative tasks requiring exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
Normal office environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.