Newly created position! Looking to fill the 5th and final position on this team.
13075 Manchester Rd - St. Louis, Missouri 63131
You belong at Drury Hotels.
Getting a job is just the beginning. Finding a place where you belong is what truly matters. Who you are and what you do matters at Drury Hotels. There's a place for you here today (and for tomorrow) in this position.
Under general direction, manage accounts and conduct sales activities related to selling guest rooms to maximize system-wide occupancy by following Drury Sales Procedures. An average of 80% of time is devoted to customer contact. Works to maintain a high standard of service and hospitality and maximize revenue for the Drury system at all times.
General Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Requires fundamental knowledge of sales techniques and professional business practices. Requires ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing. Requires proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office. Requires effective time management and organizational skills.
- Maintains a client portfolio of preferred accounts, responding to internal and external customer inquiries via telephone and electronic communication in a timely fashion.
- Possesses understanding of Company programs including but not limited to: Drury United: The Sales Difference, Drury Rewards, Drury Inner Circle, and other company programs.
- Follows Drury United: The Sales Difference account management and rate quoting guidelines and seeks approval for deviations when they occur.
- Completes required sales documentation following each account contact in a timely manner. Follow up must be thorough and completed in the designated company sales software.
- Creates sales plans for accounts with emerging growth needs by researching the competition and monitoring areas of opportunity.
- Communicates and builds relationships with assigned target accounts, new accounts and internal customers.
- Assesses account needs for chain selling of the entire Drury system.
- Works with property team members, Market and National Sales teams, Groups & Meetings and Business Development team to coordinate and follow up on assigned accounts.
- Works with the Manager, Groups, Meetings and Business Development, Manager(s), National Sales, Manager(s) Revenue Strategy & Market Sales, Revenue Management, Marketing and their teams to maximize revenue for Drury system.
- Collects and compiles statistical data related to assigned accounts by utilizing internal resources as well as external resources such as Internet, Hospitality Associations and business journals.
- Completes administrative duties such as: sales reports, internal and external correspondence and pre sales call planning during "Non-Prime Time" selling hours.
- Works a minimum of 45 hours per week not including personal time or lunch.
- Complies with office's safety/security rules and instructions in performing work efficiently while protecting self, fellow workers and the company.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of college. Highly recommend college degree related to sales and marketing.
Requires minimum of 1 year of experience in account management and customer retention, preferably in a sales and marketing field.
What you can expect from us:
So. Much. More.
Just as our guests deserve more, so do you deserve more. Be valued for what you do and who you are ... and well compensated for all you accomplish.
- Incentives - Quarterly bonuses (we succeed together!)-shared for all based on hotel results
- Health and well-being - Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and disability
- Retirement - Company-matched 401(k)
- Work-life - Flexible spending accounts, Team Member Assistance Program, paid time off, and hotel discounts
- Career growth - Mentorship, cross-training, development plans, management training, and more-60% of management positions promoted internally
- Award-winning - Ranked among Forbes' Best Midsize Employers (2021) and highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel Chains by J.D. Power 15 years in a row (that's a record!)