PRECONSTRUCTION Manager Needed!!
Healthcare Construction - Peoria, IL
Direct Hire / Full Benefits
Come join a growing construction company looking for a solid and experienced Preconstruction Manager. This is an awesome opportunity to work with a company that is expanding to new markets and locations.
Essential Job Requirements
- Experience with reading and interpreting contract documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Effective oral/written communication; effectively shares knowledge and information.
- Commitment to learning, staff development; ability to giv e/r eceive constructive feedback.
- Flexible and creative in finding new wa ys to improve the organization's effectiveness.
- Previous "hands-on" construction and preconstruction experience, 3-5 years experience.
- Experience with quantity takeoff software (OST).
- Experience with design software (Revit, Sketch-Up, Autocad, etc.) for preconstruction.
- Experience with document control software (Bluebeam).
- Experience with bidding software programs (Building Connected, iSqFt, etc.).
-Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering, or similar.
-Previous experience in the role of a Preconstruction Manager.
- Leading multiple projects from the first preconstruction meeting and/or preconstruction deliverable all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to anticipate required project scope, and provide a detailed responsible estimate throughout preconstruction.
- Create innovative solutions to complex issues as they relate to all facets of preconstruction.
- Must have experience preparing conceptual cost estimates from historical data, subcontractor feedback, and understanding the specific project.
- Ability to de v elop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout the preconstruction process.
- Develop professionally documented option studies to help the team make crucial decisions throughout preconstruction.
- Ability to put together presentations that clearly communicate project cost at each stage of the design process.
- Must be able to collaborate with the project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction costs.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, and evaluating subcontractor proposals versus the scope of w ork you created for that trade.
- Ability to lead the preparation and presentation of cost/budget information to the custome r/ owner.
- Ability to lead the team with a path to budget when needed.
- Is a key participant with leadership experience involved in the request for proposal responses (RFP's) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Has experience reviewing owner and subcontractor contracts.
- Ability to provide constructability feedback throughout preconstruction.
- Identify and analyze the unique features of work on the construction project.