Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Powerhouse Energy Center Operator
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Process Panel Operator. This site is Abbott's oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A POWERHOUSE/ ENERGY CENTER OPERATOR
Position is for 2nd or 3rd shift Days off Thursday & Friday or Monday and Tuesday.
Equipment in scope of responsibility:
- Air Compressors & Dryers
- Refrigerant Chillers
- Ammonia Compressors, Condensers, Chill plates
- Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Carbon Filtration
- Fire system
- Waste Water Treatment
- Critical HVAC Units
- Supporting Infrastructure - piping, pumps, valves, motors, steam traps, steam pushers
- Equipment operation - efficiently and reliably
- Equipment maintenance - troubleshooting and repair (daily rounds)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Two years work experience working with industrial utilities systems or industrial electrical/mechanical systems.
- Must be able to obtain State of Ohio 3rd class stationary engineers license.
- Licensed boiler operator, State of Ohio 3rd class stationary engineers
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Pipe fitting/welding
- Certified Backflow Tester
- Boiler Operator
- Small project (less than $50,000) execution
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on