Join an exciting opportunity to lead a multi brand cross functional organization in a growth model develop the framework to make data based decisions into the future. Influence and drive growth and enhancements of the Vera Bradley Business Enterprise Data Services (EDS) environment to actively support the Strategic Initiatives of the company. Be an influencer by harnessing new tools that allow the multi-brand business to understand and implement new strategies. Collaborate with the EDS team and other functional areas to design, build and support a technical environment that provides flexibility, accuracy, speed, and responsiveness while maintaining a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provide leadership in the develop processes, solutions, and best practices for the EDS technical team by applying technical knowledge and skills with a comprehensive understanding of the business
* Proactively identify and solve complex problems that have an adverse effect on the business
* Make recommendations for the development, implementation, and ongoing support of the reporting environment
* Microsoft Power BI expert including reports, datasets, dashboards, apps, workspaces, and security.
* Proficient with developing Power BI dataset and structures, based on data from SQL Server, Data Lake, API calls, and other ancillary data sources.
* Proficient with DAX code including aggregations, calculations, classifications, and hierarchies.
* Provide advice on Power BI architecture for size, speed, and functionality of reports
* Provide end user support of Power BI navigation, subscriptions, and understanding of data sets.
* Ability to explain complex technical systems in simple terms and representing complex data in a simple way.
* Contributes to the development of functional strategy and may participate in the development of the business strategy
* Responsible for ongoing maintenance and support of EDS systems
* Develop continuous process improvement opportunities
* Design and develop Power BI templates and standards
* Analyze analytic requirements and provide guidance and best-practice advice
* Assist with troubleshooting and performance alterations
* Develop and monitor change-control processes from development to QA and QA to release management
* Transfer knowledge to EDS team for production support, enhancements, and maintenance
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/MIS, computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience with data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing
* 5+ years of experience with Power BI and Microsoft Intelligence stack including SQL Server, SSAS and SSRS.
* Expert administering Power BI Enterprise environment including scheduled refreshes and API calls for refreshes
* Experience with secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL Management Studio, Visual Studio, etc.
* Experience creating and maintaining system Configuration and Architecture
* Experience and desire to operate with an Azure data lake model
* Experience and desire to leverage AI an ML to assist the business to understand current state and provide data insights for future growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Extensive knowledge of relational database management systems, business warehouse systems and business intelligence tools
* Knowledge of Microsoft BYOD
* Knowledge of designing and utilizing Microsoft Data Lake Gen2
* Experience with modeling structured and unstructured data to make accessible to business need
* Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills
* Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Excellent organization and follow through skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
* Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
* Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office environment. Utilizing an office desk - sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
* Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
* Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to . Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.