The Schochet Companies are now accepting resumes for an Experienced Portfolio Manager. We are an expanding property management company that offers excellent career advancement and an exciting chance to be part of a diverse team!
The Portfolio Manager will oversee multiple sites within the portfolio. Prior Tax Credit/Section 8/Market Rent experience a must, supervising the property managers, assisting the property managers with budgets, vendor relations and ensuring financial and physical health of the property.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for directly supervising a portfolio of 15 to 20 properties managed by Senior Property Managers and/or Property Managers as required. The Portfolio Manager will manage assigned duties with little supervision. All unusual, legal and risk management issues will be reviewed with the Executive Vice President of Property Management or the Chief Operating Officer. A Portfolio Manager is authorized to make all property emergency and safety decisions. Assigned duties require a comprehensive knowledge of the overall operations of multiple facilities and a sophisticated level of professional judgment and conceptual thinking and analysis. A Portfolio Manager is directly accountable for the assigned properties results.
*Team player and able to supervise a staff of 10+
*Experience with large sites (250+ units)
*CPM-Certified Property Manager
5+years of Property Management experience required as well as requirements listed above. Must be able to travel to different property locations when needed. Excellent Benefits & Competitive Salary. Interested & qualified candidates, please submit apply here: or fax . Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact
Duties include but not limited to:
1.Oversee and ensure adherence to Property Management Policies and Procedures for assigned portfolio.
2. Work closely with Vice President of Human Resources on various personnel functions including: staffing, employee evaluation, employee retention, and employee development for assigned portfolio.
3. Assist senior leadership team in development of annual property budgets for entire portfolio.
4. Assist Executive Vice President of Property Management to ensure accurate and timely reporting of key operation statistics for the entire portfolio.
5. Provide Sr. Property Managers and Property Managers with leadership toward achieving company objectives for assigned portfolio.
6. Ensure consistent application of HUD and/or state agency program rules and regulations for assigned portfolio and assist Executive Vice President of Property Management with these issues as needed for entire portfolio.
7. Coordinate and monitor consistent delivery of tenant support services for assigned portfolio
8. Conduct periodic property inspections and reviews of all areas of the properties and property administrative and maintenance operations in the assigned portfolio to ensure compliance with policies and procedures focused on maintaining optimum conditions related to health, safety, risk management, asset preservation, regulatory compliance, financial and fiduciary responsibility, and customer service.
9. Work with Executive Vice President of Property Management, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer to prepare analysis that reveals operational effectiveness of properties in entire portfolio to enable senior leadership to assess and monitor the operational and financial success of the properties and report same to owners, investors, and regulators, as required.
10. Work with Executive Vice President of Property Management, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer to review costs and perform cost benefit analysis related to portfolio focused projects and/or programs.
11. Complete all other assigned duties as needed.