Overview: TLC has earned its reputation for excellence operating for more than 65 years. We are a full service engineering design firm with focus on large facility design. Our firm is seeking an experienced and motivated Plumbing / Fire Protection Designer for our Healthcare team in Orlando, Florida. About TLC's Culture and Projects: Click Here! To learn about TLC Engineering Solutions, the culture and the spectacular projects we are most proud of.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- Competitive Salary and Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending
- 401K with company match
- Flexible schedules
- Responsible for drafting and designing plumbing and fire protection (medical gases, piping and equipment for healthcare facilities as well as hot and cold water systems, sanitary and storm systems, fire protection water systems, including underground piping, sprays, hydrants etc.) systems for state of the art buildings.
- Layout and size equipment, perform load calculations and investigate code requirements..
- Provide technical expertise during the design phase (schematic, design development) to coordinate spaces required for those systems.
- Coordinate between disciplines and produce working documents using AutoCAD and REVIT software.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the design and construction process.
- Ideal candidates 7+ years of experience in drafting and designing plumbing and fire protection systems in an A/E environment.
- An AA/AS degree and /or technical certification in mechanical designs are preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and general engineering practices.
- Minimum 3 years of Revit.
- Candidates must have solid planning, organizational, teamwork and communication skills.