The Permit Coordinator is responsible for preparing building permit submittal packages, as well as coordinating the efficient submittal, approval, and retrieval from local jurisdictions. This position acts as a liaison between Sunrun and jurisdictional employees, working together to resolve any redline corrections and prepare for upcoming requirement changes. The Permit Coordinator communicates the status of each permit, and works closely with internal Sunrun teams to meet branch and company goals.
* Review, prepare, submit, and receive permit packages in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
* Coordinate payment and reimbursement of permit fees according to company guidelines
* Work with internal teams and jurisdictional employees to understand and resolve any jurisdictional comments
* Work with jurisdictions and Sunrun Design Engineering teams to fully understand, communicate, and resolve AHJ corrections
* Be an advocate for Sunrun and work with local jurisdictions to streamline permit processes
* Understand local AHJ requirements as it relates to the permit process and update the AHJ database permitting requirements as needed.
* Schedule appointments to meet customers and obtain customer signatures, final paperwork sign off and payment collection. Organize all completed paperwork, and process payments in a compliant, secure manner, if assigned
* Prepare project documentation for construction teams
* Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks
* Additional duties assigned as needed
Education & Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent is required
* 1+ years of previous field construction experience (2+ years for a Senior Permit Technician)
* Experience with construction permitting is preferred
* Exposure to PV design and installation processes is preferred (Understanding of PV design and installation process required for Senior Permit Technician)
License and Certifications
* Must maintain a clear driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
* Regional specific expeditors/permitting licenses preferred, but not required
Skills and Competencies
* Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Professional appearance and interaction
* Proficient with Google Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, Workflow Management Platform
* Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
* Driving for prolonged periods
* Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
* Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
* Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions and determine accuracy of the work assigned
* Operate office equipment including computers
* Travel commercially as directed or required
* Work safely on construction jobsites, and warehouses
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.