GovernmentCIO is currently looking for experienced PEGA Business Process Engineers to join our growing team supporting Federal clients. The successful candidate will work in one of several agile teams to manage and complete numerous modernization projects in parallel. Teams will work to improve case management practices across operating divisions at the IRS. The successful candidate will provide solutioning, support, and business process modernization services to a wide variety of user types on Pega-based applications.
Perform general project management, planning, and other pilot-related tasks, to include:
- Assist IRS to rethink and modernize business processes and practices.
- Streamline case and inventory management processes across the IRS to improve the taxpayer experience.
- Work within and across teams to improve case management practices across operating divisions at the IRS.
- Assess and report on existing and participate in the design and construction of new Pega applications.
- Develop new or modify existing workflow configurations to maximize production and operating efficiency.
- Facilitate Business Process Modernization Design Sessions.
- Use a data-led approach to assess the complexity and potential level of effort.
- Develop a high-level sequence of activities such as target state journey maps or target state documents.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and integrators to align business process transformation with in-flight and planned implementation activities.
- Engage various stakeholders to identify and document potential impacts.
- Develop prototypes to inform target state and minimum viable product elaboration and configuration.
- Utilize internal and external data to identify key transformation risks that will need to be addressed through parallel activities or future/ongoing change management process.
- Create process flows of the stakeholder's current and future state that incorporates relevant data, metrics, and connections.
Candidate must be knowledgeable with agile software development process/concepts. Candidate should be proficient at design, documentation, and troubleshooting of complex technical problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science, or five additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of the Pegasystems, Inc., platform.
- Possess Pega Certified Business Architect (PCBA) certification.
- Business process redesign and modernization expertise.
- Collaboration and meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience leading business process modernization in large organizations.
- Experience in design-thinking methods, such as data-led prototyping and prioritization, project management, and agile / iterative development.
- Experience in business architect design with the Pega platform.
- Communication planning and communications execution.
- Experience ingesting large and complex sets of data and converting them into actionable data-insights and ability to produce process workflows to illustrate.
- Change management experience within the IRS organization or another large public organization.
- SAFe knowledge and experience using scaled agile to accommodate large enterprise implementations.
- Microsoft Office application such as MS Visio or similar application for building process flows.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- General understanding of IRS organizations and tax administration programs.
- Understanding of IRS Enterprise Case Management Business Process Modernization Framework.
- Experience with Pega as part of a large-scale implementation is preferred.
- Experience in the federal contracting market would be helpful but is not required.
- Some experience with Agile mindset and scaled Agile programs is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.