.*This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award*
Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you.
We are looking for a Payload Interface Senior Systems Engineer who has experience with electrical and mechanical system interface development, interface management, and interface verification. The desired candidate will have knowledge in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and an understanding of CAD tools.
Responsibilities include interfacing with cross product electrical and mechanical hardware teams to develop and maintain the internal and external payload interface baseline and the payload command and telemetry database. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 8+ years engineering experience
- Experience managing payload internal and external interfaces
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Evidence of problem solving and time management skills
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering tools (such as IBM Rational, Magic Draw, or Vitec CORE) for developing architectures and functional analysis
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Requirement Management tool (eg DOORs)
- Experience with verification, validation, and requirement sell-off
- Experience with CAD
- Experience managing electrical interfaces which includes signal lists, the command and telemetry database, and Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs)
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of US Export/Import laws in regards to space technologies
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date*
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.