*This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award*
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
We are looking for a Payload Integrated Opto-Mechanical Systems Engineer who wants to experience the life cycle a space mission including system-level trades, requirements development & flow down, system interface development, performance assessment, integration & test, verification, and validation. The desired candidate would have knowledge in Optics, Mechanical Engineering, and EO/IR Imaging.
This position will interface with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 6+ years engineering experience
- Knowledge of Optics and Opto-Mechanics
- Experience defining and designing hardware for space applications
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with Verification, Validation, and requirement sell-off
- Experience with Assembly, Integration, and Test of Opto-Mechanical Systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with Requirement Management using IBM Rational DOORs
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with Integration and Test of Space Hardware
- Experience with SEIT tools such as STK, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Knowledge of EO/IR payload design
- Ability to carry out design of spacecraft subsystems
- Knowledge of space radiation environment and orbital debris environment
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
.* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date*
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.