PBLWorks, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (dba Buck Institute for Education) headquartered in Novato, California, is the industry leader in providing professional development, products, and resources related to Project Based Learning (PBL). PBLWorks creates, collects, and shares high-quality PBL tools and resources with K-12 teachers and leaders across the country. At PBLWorks, our vision is for all students - no matter where they live or what their background - to have access to quality PBL instruction to deepen their learning and achieve success in college, career, and life.
An integral member of the Partner Engagement and Service Implementation Team, the Partner Engagement Manager is responsible for managing, cultivating, and supporting a growing pipeline of school and district leaders seeking services through our B2B channels. This position will be responsible for building, supporting, and sustaining a robust pipeline of partners in the South Zone, including but not limited to schools, districts, and other regional educational institutions. In addition to growing revenue, this role will be responsible for developing and deepening existing partnerships, executing targeted strategies to meet organizational goals, and driving sales metrics in the South Zone.
The Partner Engagement Manager will be a cross-functional position focused on providing the best level of support and client management for our partners. They will be a key contributor to the Partnership Success Team and South Zone Team to ensure consistency across zones, roles, and functions. This role will also work collaboratively across the organization to support efficiency and consistency in B2B lead and sales processes, and client contracts.
B2B Lead Cultivation & Sales:
- Deeply understand and articulate PBLWorks' framework, teacher, school, and district services, to partners in the field through phone and email.
- In partnership with Partner Engagement Team members, develop sales scripts & vetting protocols for incoming clients.
- Cultivate a pipeline of B2B schools and districts leads to converted sales.
- Manage a robust portfolio of returning school and district clients through Salesforce CRM and re-engagement campaigns.
- Monitor and report on sales metrics in the South Zone.
- Support outside client contracting processes, as applicable, in collaboration with the Contract Analyst and Service Implementation team to complete.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships and shared knowledge across the South Zone team.
Partner Engagement & Zone Development:
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with current and prospective school and district clients in the region.
- Identify prospects & trends from deep analysis of regional partnership data.
- In partnership with the Director of District and School Learning, develop a re-engagement cycle for South Zone clients in the District Partnership Program.
- Lead, develop and inspire colleagues and south region team members to be client-focused, innovative, solutions-focused, and team-oriented in their work.
- Advocate and champion for the region across all channels of the business.
- Ensure accurate client information, opportunity data, and service details in our CRM database.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will bring this experience to the role:
- At least 4+ years' experience in client management and/or sales; Experience in customer service, marketing, and K-12 education, specifically public school district experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to close sales inquiries, totaling $3 million+ in revenue within a complex contracting and procurement environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of K-12 educational systems and policies
The successful candidate will possess these skills and abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM database and marketing software.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to establish a rapport with clients through multiple channels.
- Exceptional organizational, multitasking skills and follow-through.
- Comfort in learning new technology platforms.
- Familiarity with Pardot is a plus.
The successful candidate will reflect these attributes:
- An energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- A collaborator who enjoys working across teams to achieve a common goal.
- Integrity, a positive attitude, and self-direction.
- Belief in open communication and the ability for an individual's leadership to improve and enable those around them.
- Passionate about addressing equity in the workplace and in education.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for PBLWorks' mission.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
The Partner Engagement Manager reports directly to the Director of Partner Engagement & Service Implementation.
This position may be fully remote. Some travel time is required e.g. to attend local conferences and visit the main office in Novato, CA. The organization may need you to travel more or less depending on business necessity when travel resumes.
The Partner Engagement Manager role is a full-time position with full health benefits (including medical, vision, and dental), 403(b), and life and disability insurance. PBLWorks offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a generous benefits package.
The Application Process
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a compelling cover letter via our applications page . PBLWorks will contact you if there is a match between the job requirements and your skillset.
As a company, we celebrate and embrace diversity. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates in every hiring process. PBLWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act).