Part-Time Patient Care Monitor / Security Guard
BAART is looking for a respectful, alert and vigilant Security Guard / Patient Care Monitor to maintain overall safety and order of the clinic facility. The security guard / patient care monitor may also provide backup coverage to receptionist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the protection of all employees and patients
- Ensure that each patient entering the building has an I.D.
- Creates orderly waiting line; have patients stand in single file while they are waiting to receive medication.
- Performs crowd control (makes sure that after dosing, patients leave the clinic timely, unless they have an appointment to see a staff person).
- Eliminate loitering, congregating in the parking lot and premises
- Report critical incidents that occur in parking lot or on premises.
- Contact local authorities and cooperate with authorities in an emergency situation, as needed.
- Respond to calls for assistance in preventing interference or disruption of operations (maintains order and control).
- Reports and documents incidents whenever trouble or problems occur to the Operations Director and/or Clinic Director.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building, protecting the property from damage and destruction
- Performs security check of facility at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Attends staff meetings, in-service training as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain professional attire at all times, including name badge and paraphernalia that identifies you as a Security Guard.
- Be friendly, courteous and helpful to all disciplines, reception, clinical and medical.
- Provide receptionist coverage as needed
- Perform other related duties as determined by supervisor.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 years' prior experience in an office/clinic setting.
- Training from a law enforcement school or other security training is strongly preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required, bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Able to establish a positive rapport with patients and must demonstrate a non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward the chemically dependent person.
Schedule - 5:00am - 1pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday - potential for weekends or other days as needed
Here is what you can expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.