SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for paralegal and contract management for the Legal Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Draft domestic and international confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements and severance agreements.
* Manage and maintain electronic database to track all corporate contracts, identifying material terms including termination/expiration dates.
* Prepare, file and maintain U.S. trademark applications. Manage database to track all domestic and international trademarks and patents. Conduct trademark searches as needed.
* Conducts patent searches, analyze patent claims for product labeling, and analyze patent law, including expiration or termination dates.
* Maintain contractual records and documentation, such as receipt correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents in conjunction with appropriate business units and attorneys.
* Track employee benefit plan documents for signatures, effective dates and status.
* Draft minutes and resolutions for corporate and subsidiary director and shareholder meetings, and annual federal, state and foreign filings.
* Maintain domestic and international corporate governance for all subsidiaries.
* Identify and assess complex business and legal issues.
* Communicate with both external parties and internal business groups to resolve issues with current and proposed contracts.
* Draft and review quality agreements, letters of authorization, distribution agreements, purchasing agreements, consulting agreements and RFPs.
* Manage and prepare export licenses for trade embargoed countries.
* Assist in M&A transactions, including organization and management of due diligence documents, preparing and filing formation documents, and providing general assistance with closing and post-closing matters.
* Support the company's compliance with securities laws of the United States by overseeing the Company's insider trading compliance program and filing Forms 144, Forms 3, 4, and 5 on EDGAR; research securities laws and other related topics.
* Manage notice & access processes for shareholders pertaining to annual filings.
* Coordinate the corporate maintenance of the international subsidiaries, including reviewing and obtaining signature on various documents, notarizing documents as required and liaising with the local office and local counsel within the respective countries.
* Research local counsel in international jurisdictions and resolve preliminary international corporate, employment and commercial issues.
* Support the administration of the company's employee benefit plans.
* Manage special projects on an as needed basis.
* Perform a variety of related tasks, as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in intellectual property or engineering (or related area) or commercial law (or related area) and five years of intellectual property or corporate transactional experience.
* Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to accomplish organizational objectives effectively.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Strongly prefer patent agent or patent engineer qualification and experience.
* Legal process
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has an opening at its corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Operational Systems Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 West Merit Parkway South Jordan, UT 84095
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve), and Nights
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month after 30 days)
* Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled